Monday, February 2, 2009

Shrimp Chowder




I was always threatened by the daunting task of making a chowder because by the very sound of its name - chowder, sounds fancy to me (maybe hard to cook), only the chefs can do it. But I was mistaken. Boy! It was so easy.

Ingredients:

Shrimp, shelled and deveined

Butter

Evaporated milk

Chopped garlic

Chopped onion

Water or chicken stock or chicken boullion cubes dissolved in water

Potato, cubed

Cheese, grated

Salt and pepper to taste

Chopped parsley, for garnish

Procedure:

~ Sauté garlic, onion and shrimp in butter. Set aside.

~ In the same pan, boil water or stock. Add potatoes and cheese.

~ Add shrimp and milk. Cook for a few minutes.

~ Season to taste.

~ Garnish with chopped parsley.

1 comments:

ian said...

Amazing content. I love your style! You have got me thinking big time, simplicity is key...